Cortec® has provided turnkey support for many years for equipment preservation projects - now we can provide engineering needed through the final application of all preservation technology and products required to effectively mitigate corrosion during downtime.
• This includes preservation during shipment, storage, temporary shut-down, or long-term mothballing.
• Corrosion protection is provided to all surfaces, both internal and external through the multiple delivery systems available with Cortec vapor phase Corrosion inhibitor (VpCI®) technologies.
• VpCI® preservation applications include a variety of cleaning products, surface coatings, powders and liquids for fogging of large spaces, additives for lubricants and process liquids, as well as films for total encapsulation.
• With CEFS, real-time corrosion rate monitoring systems for critical assets are available.
• Assistance with removal of preservation products is also available during future equipment recommissioning.
Cortec® CEFS specializes in turnkey corrosion control engineering and applications services for comprehensive lay-ups of individual units or entire plants, and is augmented with implementation of a comprehensive plant layup package that could include:
•A corrosion audit for identification of all facility corrosion control requirements.
• A comprehensive plan to mitigate internal and external corrosion on all plant assets - both above ground and underground.
• Turnkey application of all corrosion control systems.
• Monitoring and maintenance of corrosion control systems during the layup period.
• Future assistance with the transition from the layup phase to plant commissioning.
CONTROL OF EMBEDDED REINFORCEMENT IN CONCRETE STRUCTURES
Cortec® is committed to enhancing the delivery and utilization of the outstanding array of Cortec® Migrating Corrosion Inhibitors (MCI®) products and technologies available for mitigation of embedded reinforcement corrosion. Turnkey concrete corrosion control solutions include:
• Comprehensive plans for the mitigation of embedded reinforcement corrosion on any type of structure.
• Custom engineered corrosion monitoring systems designed to evaluate the corrosion rates of embedded reinforcement.
• Turnkey application of Cortec's numerous MCI® products on any structures.
ABOVEGROUND STORAGE TANK CORROSION CONTROL
Corrosion control of aboveground storage tanks (ASTs) is a specialty. CEFS offers turnkey corrosion control system designs & installations for virtually any type of AST construction; and for entire facilities where these tanks are located.
• Baseline assessments can be provided that are designed to evaluate the effectiveness of existing corrosion control systems and identify any deficiencies.
• Total corrosion management systems are available for these tanks and/or entire facilities where these tanks are located.
• Double Contained ASTs. Engineered systems utilizing VpCI® technology, in lieu of cathodic protection, have proven to be effective for double contained AST floors. These systems are offered as a retrofit on operating ASTs, or are routinely coordinated with the construction of new ASTs.
• Single Bottom ASTs. Cathodic protection systems for single bottom AST floors are available as a retrofit on operating ASTs, or are routinely coordinated with the construction of new ASTs.
• Monitoring systems are also offered to evaluate the effectiveness of existing and new corrosion control systems while measuring the real-time corrosion rates of the steel surfaces.
CORROSION CONTROL OF HYDRO-TESTED STRUCTURES
Cortec® has turnkey engineered solutions to control corrosion within vessels and pipelines during the hydro- testing process.
• if desired a comprehensive program can be structured to provide corrosion control while water is inside the asset, then also after the water is drained.
• Corrosion control solutions are available for any type of water used during the hydro-test, including salt water. Application of Eco-Flow Technologies to Wells and Flow Lines Cortec®, also is able to provide an engineered solution to flow enhancement within depleted oil fields and pipelines carrying 10% or greater water. The basis of this solution revolves around the utilization of Cortec's Eco Flow™ system.
• The Eco Flow™ system is an optimal combination of flow enhancing and corrosion protecting products allowing increased throughput, along with the unique effect of VpCI® protection, for pipelines carrying water or a mixture of water and hydrocarbons.
• Custom designed injection skids are also available.
APPLICATION OF ECO-FLOW TECHNOLOGIES TO WELLS AND FLOW LINES
Cortec®, also is able to provide an engineered solution to flow enhancement within depleted oil fields and pipelines carrying 10% or greater water. The basis of this solution revolves around the utilization of Cortec's Eco Flow™ system.
• The Eco Flow™ system is an optimal combination of flow enhancing and corrosion- protecting products allowing increased throughput, along with the unique effect of VpCI® protection, for pipelines carrying water or a mixture of water and hydrocarbons.
• Custom designed injection skids are also available.
PIPELINE CORROSION INHIBITORS
Engineered systems utilizing Cortec's unique (VpCI®) technologies are available to control internal corrosion in pipelines transporting most liquids or gases.
• internal pipeline corrosion control solutions are available for a wide range of refined hydrocarbons, crudes, and oil/water mixes.
• Solutions are also available to provide effective internal corrosion control in natural gas production and transmission lines. These non-emulsifying formulations also provide corrosion mitigation in "sweet/sour" saturated carbon dioxide/hydrogen sulfide environments.
• VpCI® products form an effective corrosion inhibiting barrier for both ferrous and nonferrous metals in the presence of water, halogens and corrosive gases such as dissolved oxygen, sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide, and hydrogen sulfide.
• The vapor phase component provides corrosion protection in pipeline headspaces and areas not directly contacted by the pipeline products.
• Solutions for high temperature products available.
• Real-time corrosion rate monitoring systems are also available.
CORROSION CONTROL OF PROCESS SYSTEM COMPONENTS
Comprehensive packages of engineered solutions are available, to continuously mitigate the wide variety of corrosion challenges for all types of process system equipment. Our capabilities include:
• A corrosion audit for identification of all facility corrosion control requirements.
• A comprehensive plan to mitigate internal and external corrosion on all plant assets - including aboveground/underground; and ambient/high temperature components.
• Turnkey application of all approved corrosion control systems.
• Monitoring and maintenance of corrosion control systems.
Utilization of Cortec's advanced suite of coatings products containing VpCI® technology provides us with unique solutions for surface coating challenges.
• Both temporary and permanent coatings programs can be provided.
• Coatings systems that do not require sandblasting or other rust removal provide interesting options.
• Custom colors are available.
USE OF CORROSION INHIBITORS FOR CONTROL OF CORROSION IN DOUBLE-BOTTOM AST'S
Double bottom tank installations, and tanks with HDPE liner containment, often create unique corrosion control challenges. Many years of experience have proven that control of corrosion, by cathodic protection, of tank bottoms that are separated by a distance of less than about 10 to 12 inches is problematical. Cathodic protection systems are also nearly impossible to maintain, install or replace on a retrofit basis once this type of tank is in service.
Research and fieldwork indicates that corrosion control can be achieved using Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitors (VpCI®) within double bottom or lined containment environments. Real world experience utilizing VpCI's for void space corrosion control over a 15-year time span has confirmed the longevity of this approach. Corrosion inhibitors are effective alone or in combination with CP. Inhibitors have a long history of corrosion protection under numerous types of conditions (wet corrosive environments and void spaces).